Honorary Membership is the highest honor ASTRO bestows upon distinguished cancer researchers and leaders in disciplines other than radiation oncology, radiation physics or radiobiology. The ASTRO Board of Directors reviews candidates nominated for this award and selects one individual each year to receive Honorary Membership. View past Honorary Members.
2020 Honorary Member
Congratulations to the 2020 ASTRO Honorary Member, Walter Lawrence Jr., MD
Walter Lawrence Jr., MD
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine Massey Cancer Center
Honorary Membership Criteria
- Candidate must not be eligible for Active Membership in ASTRO.
- A letter of nomination from an Active Member with nominee's CV must be submitted to the ASTRO Awards Committee. Letter of nomination must include detailed information that will document the individual's contribution to the advancement of radiation oncology.
- Nominations will be reviewed by the ASTRO Awards Committee and a recommendation will be made to the ASTRO Board of Directors at the summer meeting.
- If Honorary Membership is denied, the applicant must be nominated again to be considered.
- The Honorary Member will be invited to the Annual Meeting in the year he/she is elected and will be recognized at the Awards Ceremony at the expense of the Society.
The application period to submit a nomination for the 2021 ASTRO Honorary Member Award is now open. The deadline to submit a nomination is May 7, 2021.
Send all nomination letters to:
ASTRO Awards Committee
Attn: Anna Arnone
251 18th Street South, 8th Floor
Arlington, VA 22202
Or email Anna.