Honorary Membership is the highest honor ASTRO bestows upon distinguished cancer researchers and leaders in disciplines other than radiation oncology, radiation physics or radiobiology. The ASTRO Board of Directors reviews candidates nominated for this award and selects one individual each year to receive Honorary Membership. View past Honorary Members.
2018 Honorary Member
Congratulations to the 2018 ASTRO Honorary Member, Jessica S. Donington, MD
Jessica S. Donington, MD
Professor of Surgery
Chief, Section of Thoracic Surgery
Honorary Membership Criteria
- Candidate must not be eligible for Active Membership in ASTRO.
- A letter of nomination from an Active Member with nominee's CV and letters of support from two additional Active Members must be submitted to the ASTRO Board of Directors. Letters of nomination and support must include detailed information that will document the individual's contribution to the advancement of radiation oncology.
- Nominations will be reviewed at the summer meeting of the ASTRO Board of Directors.
- If Honorary Membership is denied, the applicant must be nominated again to be considered.
- The Honorary Member will be invited to the Annual Meeting in the year he/she is elected and will be recognized at the Awards Ceremony at the expense of the Society.
The deadline to submit a nomination for the 2019 ASTRO Honorary Member award is April 26, 2019.
Send all nomination letters to:
ASTRO Board of Directors
Attn: Anna Arnone
251 18th Street South, 8th Floor
Arlington, VA 22202
Or email Anna.