Registration for the 2023 Multidisciplinary Thoracic Cancers Virtual Symposium has closed. Thank you to those who participated.
Please use the information below to answer questions about the virtual/onDemand 2023 Multidisciplinary Thoracic Cancers Symposium. If you have a question that is not answered below, please email ASTRO eLearning.
Virtual Symposium vs. Symposium onDemand
The Virtual Symposium provides real-time livestream access to all educational sessions taking place in the General Session room, November 30 - December 2, 2023, Central time. View the Schedule of Events.
The Symposium onDemand offers the opportunity to view recorded sessions after the live meeting takes place. The Symposium onDemand will be available in the ASTRO Academy starting December 11, 2023, until December 2025.
- Both In-person Full Meeting and Virtual Full Meeting registration include the Symposium onDemand.
- If you didn't register for the Symposium, you will be able to purchase the Symposium onDemand in the ASTRO Academy starting December 11, 2023.
To register for the Virtual Symposium, go to the 2023 Multidisciplinary Thoracic Cancers Symposium registration page and select the Virtual Full Meeting option. Registration is open until Saturday, December 2, at 12:15 p.m. Central time.
If you are registered for either the In-person Full Meeting or the Virtual Full Meeting, no additional registration is required for the Symposium onDemand.
The Symposium onDemand will be available for purchase to non-registrants beginning December 11, 2023, in the ASTRO Academy.
You will be able to access the Virtual Symposium online. Sessions will begin streaming live on Thursday, November 30, at 7:50 a.m. Central time. You can use a mobile device, laptop or desktop to access and participate.
Your login is your ASTRO credentials, the email and password that you used to register for the Symposium. If you do not know your ASTRO password, please click “Forgot Password?” below the ASTRO website login prompt.
Presentation Questions (Social Q&A)
If you are participating live (real-time), you can use the link on the livestream page to submit questions to presenters and participate in polls.
All posters will be included in the Virtual Poster Library, allowing all attendees to view posters online during the Symposium and for a limited period of time after the Symposium concludes. Posters will not be available to view until the abstract embargo lifts, at 8:00 a.m. Central time on Thursday, November 30.
The Symposium onDemand will be available in the ASTRO Academy beginning December 11, 2023, for registrants to access (included with registration) and for non-registrants to purchase. The onDemand recordings and corresponding CME credits will be available until December 2025.
No additional software is needed to participate in the Virtual Symposium. You can watch sessions from a mobile device, laptop or desktop. Most phones/computers purchased within the past few years will exceed the minimum system requirements needed.
Browser: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari or Microsoft Edge.
Internet: Use a strong internet connection, 5 Mbps minimum but 15+ Mbps recommended, to avoid buffering or slowdowns.
Audio: The speakers that come built in to most computers are adequate, but headphones or a separate speaker will create the best audio quality and experience.
- Disconnect from a VPN (Virtual Private Network).
- Check firewalls. If you are at a work institution, try another network like a mobile device or home network (some institutions have robust firewalls that will block some virtual features).
- Clear your web browser history and cache or try another browser.
- Check your internet connection. A minimum of 5 Mpbs is required, but 15 Mpbs is recommended. You can check this at www.speedtest.net.
- Close any other windows/tabs that may be using a lot of bandwidth.
- If you are at home, make sure you are not also using streaming services like Netflix, etc., that could impact your available bandwidth.
- Use a hard-wired internet connection, if possible.
- If you have to use WIFI, make sure you are close to the WIFI device.
- If the steps above do not resolve the issue, please contact ASTRO eLearning by email or at 703-502-1550, option 2.