Applications for the 2021 ASTRO-MRA Young Investigator Award in Radiation Oncology are being accepted.
What is the goal of the ASTRO-MRA Young Investigator Award?
Research in radiation oncology has led to advancements in technology and therapy that have improved patient outcomes and care. ASTRO is pleased to partner with the Melanoma Research Alliance (MRA) to offer a special opportunity to support research in radiation oncology to improve treatment options for melanoma patients. Early career radiation oncologists, radiation or cancer biologists, or physicists are encouraged to submit radiation oncology research proposals that include at least 50% effort on melanoma.
The award will provide up to $75,000 per year for three years (up to $225,000 total). Neither ASTRO nor MRA will pay indirect costs as part of this award.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if:
- You are an investigator employed by a recognized U.S. research institution (PhD, MD or MD/PhD) with no more than four years in a faculty appointment or other full-time independent research position at the time of application, and an ASTRO member in good standing if you are selected for the award.
- Investigators must designate a mentor at the same institution who will provide guidance and support. Mentors should be senior investigators with a minimum of R01 or equivalent level funding and provide a letter of support detailing their oversight and support.
- The project detailed in your proposal must include at least 50% effort on melanoma.
- Other eligibility requirements as listed in the full RFP.
Your institutions' responsibilities:
- The institution will be required to provide sufficient additional funds to supplement salaries or supplies as needed for the research.
- Other responsibilities as listed in the full RFP.
How do I apply?
Applications will be accepted through proposalCentral's online submission service https://proposalcentral.com/. Paper applications are not accepted. Before you can submit the application, the Young Investigator Applicant Eligibility Checklist must be completed and returned to Rachel Fischer, Senior Associate, MRA, at email@example.com by October 21, 2020; 5:00 p.m. Eastern time. Applications are due on November 4, 2020 at 5:00 pm Eastern time via proposalCENTRAL.
This Award is offered in partnership with the Melanoma Research Alliance.