of press release
The Association for Residents in Radiation
Oncology (ARRO) has recognized 56 educators with the 2013 ARRO Educator of the
Presented annually, the Educator of the Year Award
recognizes outstanding teachers and mentors of radiation oncology residents.
Each radiation oncology residency program may nominate one faculty member for
“Teaching and mentoring of radiation oncology
residents is critical to enhancing their education and experience and for
the overall advancement of the specialty of radiation oncology,” said Aparna
H. Kesarwala, MD, PhD, chairman of the ARRO Executive Committee. “We
congratulate these educators for providing exceptional support, guidance and
expertise to their residents. This award demonstrates the meaningful and
noteworthy impact of these educators’ mentorship.”
The (56) 2013
Educator of the Year Award recipients are:
- Bethany M. Anderson,
MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison,
- Christopher J. Anker, MD, University of Utah, Salt Lake City
- Seth R. Blacksburg, MD, MBA, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York
- Joseph A. Both, PhD, University of Miami, Miami
- John M. Buatti,
MD, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa
Byunghoon Yu, MD, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn.
- Ronald C. Chen, MD, MPH, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,
Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Steven J. Chmura, MD, PhD, University of Chicago,
- Kwang N. Choi, MD, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn,
- Ian R. Crocker, MD, Winship Cancer Institute of Emory
- Neal E. Dunlap, MD, University of Louisville,
- Avraham Eisbruch, MD, University of Michigan Health
Systems, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Jonathan M. Feddock, MD, University of
Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Ky.
- Steven J. Feigenberg,
MD, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore
- John C.
Flickinger, MD, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh
- Helen Fosmire,
MD, Roudebush VA Medical Center, Indianapolis
- Molly Gabel, MD, UMDNJ
– Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, N.J.
J. Galloway, MD, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia
- Paul Geis,
PhD, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland
- Inga S.
Grills, MD, Beaumont Health System, Royal Oak, Mich.
- Chul S. Ha,
MD, FASTRO, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
- Seung Shin Hahn, MD, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse,
- Russell K. Hales, MD, Johns Hopkins University School of
- Matthew M. Harkenrider, MD, Loyola University
Medical Center, Maywood, Ill.
- K. William Harter, MD, Georgetown
University Medical Center, Washington
- Michael James Hitchler, PhD,
Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles
- Richard T.
Hoppe, MD, FASTRO, Stanford University, Stanford, Calif.
L.S. Jennelle, MD, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
- Maj. Nathan D. Jones, DO, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center,
- Siyong Kim, PhD, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville,
- Jordan M. Maier, MD, Wayne State University, Detroit
- Carol M. Marquez, MD, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland,
- Christopher Melhus, PhD, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University
School of Medicine, Boston
- Jean L. Nakamura, MD, University of
California, San Francisco
- Paul L. Nguyen, MD, Brigham and Women’s
- Kevin S. Oh, MD, Massachusetts General Hospital,
- Brent C. Parker, PhD, The University of Texas Medical Branch,
- Arnold C. Paulino, MD, Houston Methodist,
- Richard D. Pezner, MD, City of Hope National Medical Center,
- Jaganmohan Poli, MD, Drexel University College of
- Asal Shoushtari Rahimi, MD, MS, University
of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas
- Barry S. Rosenstein,
PhD, Icahn School of Medicine Mount Sinai, New York
- Parag Sanghvi
MD, MSPH, University of California, San Diego Health System, San Diego
- Tracey E. Schefter, MD, University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora,
- Peter B. Schiff, MD, PhD, New York University School of
Medicine, New York
- Michael T. Selch, MD, University of California, Los
- Hosny M. Selim, MD, New York Methodist Hospital, Brooklyn,
- Wenyin Shi, MD, PhD, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital,
- Eric T. Shinohara, MD, MSCI, Vanderbilt University
Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn.
- Farzan Siddiqui, MD, PhD, Henry Ford
Health System, Detroit
- Charles B. Simone II, MD, University of
Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia
- Deepinder P.
Singh, MD, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, N.Y.
- William Small Jr., MD, FASTRO, Northwestern University, Chicago
- Kevin L. Stephans, MD, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland
Tassotto, PhD, West Penn Allegheny Health System, Pittsburgh
W. Warren, MD, PhD, SUNY at Buffalo, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo,