Are you presenting at the 2022 Multidisciplinary Head and Neck Cancers Symposium in Phoenix, Arizona? Below is useful information to help you prepare your presentation and for travel. There is a
Due to the detailed nature of the program, no one under the age of 18 will be admitted to any official symposium function. This includes, but is not limited to, all symposium sessions and the exhibits/food room.
The Exhibit Hall is located in Grand Canyon Ballroom 6-8 and will be open during the following hours:
- Thursday, February 24, 2022, 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 25, 2022, 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort and Spa
5350 E. Marriott Dr.
Phoenix, AZ 85054
- As faculty, you will be placed onto ASTRO's master block.
- There is no need for you to book housing, as ASTRO will make arrangements for you and then ask you to check the information (you'll be able to update your reservation).
- If you have any questions related to housing, contact the Meetings Department.
Continental breakfast will be provided Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the Exhibit Hall (Grand Canyon 6-8).
Morning coffee breaks will be provided in the Exhibit Hall (Grand Canyon 6-8) on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Afternoon coffee breaks will be provided Thursday and Friday.
Lunch will be provided on Thursday and Friday in the Exhibit Hall (Grand Canyon 6-8).
For the latest information, please visit the Continuing Education Credits page.
Effective Education Practices
- Talk titles should inspire curiosity. If you update your talk title, please send it to ASTRO staff so they can update the program.
- Consider making your talk case-based with decision points throughout. Use decision points as opportunities for attendees to take one minute and speak to one another about what they would do. People learn more when they collaborate.
- Spend less time on slides and more time on discussion, questions and answers, and attendee engagement. Be sure you know when your session will be addressing Q&A.
- Show how this education can help attendees make a meaningful, positive change in their day-to-day practice.
- Speakers may upload their slides prior to the meeting through the Speaker Center under the "My Presentations" tab.
- All speakers, regardless of whether your presentation has been uploaded or not, must check in at the Speaker Ready Room and review their presentation.
- If you do not upload your file AT LEAST two hours prior to the start of your session, the risk for AV problems is significant; we recommend uploading the day before your session takes place.
- Please see the "Building Your Presentation" section below for file formats that are allowed. If your presentation contains any video or audio, please submit your files to the Speaker Ready Room as early as possible due to additional processing time that may be required.
Speakers and moderators are required to disclose the following, if applicable, to the audience at the beginning of their presentations and in accordance with ACCME standards and Food and Drug Administration requirements:
- The existence of any financial or other relationship you have with the manufacturer(s) or any commercial product(s) or provider(s) of any commercial services discussed in an educational presentation.
- Any vested interest or their intention to discuss off-label and/or investigational use of pharmaceuticals or devices.
Building Your Presentation
- Remember to remove any banners/templates from other meetings/symposia. We recommend you use the meeting's PowerPoint template for your slides. Remember to conclude your presentation with a summary slide that outlines the key points and take-home messages from your talk.
- All the screens will be a 16:9 widescreen ratio. If your presentation is in the older 4:3 ratio rather than 16:9, your presentation will be “pillar boxed” on the wider screens.
- All electronic files must be submitted using one of the formats listed below:
- PowerPoint 2016 or earlier version
- Drive should be FAT32, NTFS, or ExFAT formatted
- Video playback: MP4, WMV (other formats may require conversion)
- Even though most video files are embedded in the .pptx file, you should have copies of all files available in case conversion is required.
- YouTube and other online videos will need to be downloaded and inserted (instead of linking to the online video).
- PDF Reader: Adobe Acrobat
- It is important that your movies do not completely fill the screen. In the meeting room you will only have a mouse to advance your slides. You can only advance your PowerPoint by clicking on the slide, not the movie itself.
Arriving in the Session Room
You should arrive at the front of your session room at least ten minutes in advance of your session (or the session that precedes yours if there isn’t a break in between). ASTRO Education staff and the AV tech will be there to give instructions and acquaint you with the AV set up on the stage. It is essential that each presenter stay within the time limits. A timer will be operated by the AV tech to ensure this.
For questions related to housing, registration and travel, contact the Meetings Department.
For all other questions or concerns, contact the Specialty Meetings team.
No audio recording, video recording or flash photography is permitted at any time during the meeting.
All presenters are required to go to the Speaker Ready Room the day before their session takes place to upload their presentation (computers are available to preview your slides). Located in Wildflower A, the Speaker Ready Room will be open during the following hours:
- Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 24, 2022, 7:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- Friday, February 25, 2022, 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 26, 2022, 7:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.