Virtual and onDemand Meeting FAQs
Please review the following FAQs regarding the 2022 ASTRO Annual Meeting Virtual and onDemand Meetings.
The Virtual Meeting provides access to all meeting sessions* which will be livestreamed in real time October 22-26, 2022, 7:45 a.m.- 6:15 p.m. Central time.
The Annual Meeting onDemand offers registrants the opportunity to view recorded sessions and claim corresponding CME credits after the live meeting takes place. Both In-person Full Conference and Virtual Full Conference registration include onDemand access with CME credit claiming for all meeting sessions* available until June 1, 2023.
*Exceptions include Master Classes, breakfast/luncheon/reception events, ASTRO 2022 Tweet Up, Speed Mentoring and Poster Q&A.
If you are registered for either the In-person Full Conference or the Virtual Full Conference, no additional registration is required. Both registrations include onDemand access with CME credit claiming available until June 1, 2023.
The Annual Meeting onDemand will be available for purchase to non-registrants from October 27-December 31, 2022 in the ASTRO Academy.
The Virtual Meeting platform is available at astro.org/AM22Virtual through June 1, 2023. Sessions will begin streaming live on Saturday, October 22 at 7:45 a.m. Central time.
Your login is your ASTRO credentials, the email and password that you used to register for the meeting. If you do not know your ASTRO password, please click “Forgot my password” through the ASTRO website.
From the Virtual Meeting platform, select Learn → Agenda in the top right-hand navigation, which will open the full Virtual Meeting agenda. Sessions may be viewed either by ‘List View’ or by ‘Calendar View’ via the buttons at the top of the Agenda.
In List View, select the day, scroll to view the sessions, and click the plus sign (+) next to any sessions you would like added to your individual agenda.
In Calendar view, hover over a session and then click the plus sign (+) in the session box that appears for any sessions you would like added to your individual agenda.
Once you’ve added sessions to your individual agenda (My Agenda), you will see them under Learn → My Agenda in the top right-hand navigation or by selecting the ‘View My Agenda’ button at the top of the full Agenda.
Please note, the Annual Meeting Online Conference Planner is different from the Virtual Meeting My Agenda. We recommend using the Virtual Meeting My Agenda to build your schedule if you are a Virtual Meeting attendee.
To update your profile and communication preferences, click on the drop-down menu next to your name at the upper right corner of your screen and select: Edit my profile.
In the Preferences tab, all notifications are set to "on" by default. If you do not wish to be contacted, please check the box next to: "Do not send me any email."
Posters can be viewed through the Virtual Poster Library once the poster embargo lifts at 5:00 pm Central time on Friday, October 21. You will need to create an account to view the posters.
Unfortunately, virtual meeting attendees cannot participate in the Poster Q&A sessions. However, ASTRO has asked every poster author to narrate their poster. This will allow participants to hear poster authors describe their work, regardless of whether they are participating in the virtual or the in-person program. When you click on each section of the poster, the audio narration for that section will begin to play. The Virtual Poster Library also includes a Discussion Forum for each poster, and gives meeting attendees the ability to send messages to poster authors. If you have any questions for poster authors, be sure to use these features.
You will be able to access the meeting onDemand at astro.org/AM22Virtual, the same platform as the Virtual Meeting. You will need to log in using your ASTRO credentials (email address and password you used to register for the meeting).
Each livestreamed session will be recorded and made available within 24 hours of the end of the session.
The Annual Meeting onDemand will be available for purchase to non-registrants from October 27 through December 31, 2022, in the ASTRO Academy. The recordings will be available until June 1, 2023. CME credits for the onDemand sessions must be claimed by June 1, 2023.
No, you don't need any additional software to participate in the Virtual Meeting. You will only need a computer and a stable internet connection to join sessions.
- Browser: We strongly recommend using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser.
- Internet: Use a strong internet connection to avoid buffering or slow downs.
- Audio: Use headphones or a separate speaker for the best audio quality and experience.
- For more specific information, look at the FAQ on What are the recommended system requirements for the best experience?
- Please be sure to use either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to access the event site.
- Close unused browser tabs or windows.
- Refresh the session page.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies and then restart your browser.
- Try an incognito window in your browser: Ctrl-Shift-N (Windows) or Command-Shift-N (macOS).
- If the steps above do not resolve the issue, please email the elearning team.
- Desktop or laptop computer (Note: most computers purchased within the past few years will exceed the minimum requirements stated below.)
- Operating System:
- Mac: Mac OSX 10.7 or later
- Windows: Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista (SP1 or later), XP (SP3 or later)
- Ubuntu: 12.04 or later
- Linux: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
- Single Core 1Ghz or higher (Dual core 2Ghz or higher, 4G RAM recommended)
- Web Browser:
- Windows: Chrome 72+, Edge 84+, Firefox 27+, or IE 11+
- Mac: Chrome 30+, Safari 7+, Edge 84+, or Firefox 27+
- Linux: Chrome 30+, Firefox 27+
- Internet Connection:
- 1.5 Mbps "up" minimum (3+ Mbps "up" recommended). Note: wireless speeds are lower than your internet service provider's advertised speeds. You can use speedtest.net to test your speeds on your computer.
- Hardware (recommended but not required)
- The speakers that come built-in to most computers are adequate, but headphones will create a richer, cleaner sound.
« Return to the Virtual Platform «