Health and Safety Measures
ASTRO is facilitating measures that seek to ensure optimal health and sanitary conditions in all environments where in-person interactions take place during the 2021 Multidisciplinary Thoracic Cancers Symposium. ASTRO is working with the city of Scottsdale and will follow all recommended Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) safety protocols and will comply with all federal, state and city regulations. We will continue to closely monitor all guidelines and regulations and will update these safety protocols as appropriate. Attendees, staff, exhibitors, exhibitor appointed contractors, vendors and members of the labor force should stay home if they have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for their COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms, or if they have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19.
ASTRO will continue to monitor federal, state and local recommendations and will update these protocols and measures as appropriate. The most up-to-date version can be found on this page.
General safety and wellness measures include but are not limited to:
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Masks are required for anyone not vaccinated (per CDC) and recommended in the session rooms and exhibit hall.
- Cleaning between sessions
Please see below for more details regarding general safety and wellness measures.
The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is incorporating the following COVID 19 protocols and safety measures (as of 7/8/2021). If you wish to find out more please contact the hotel directly at 480-585-4848 or visit ALLSafeandWell.com.
- Attendees will notice updates in the seating layout or availability of seating so that individuals can maintain appropriate physical distancing.
- Signs will be posted to remind attendees about physical distancing, including unique visual cues such as tape and floor decals throughout the meeting.
Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette
- All attendees, staff, exhibitors, exhibitor appointed contractors, vendors and members of the labor force are asked to be mindful of their hand hygiene and wash their hands frequently (for example, before, during, and after using a keyboard or touch screen, or after touching garbage) with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and increase monitoring to ensure adherence.
- If soap and water are not readily available, attendees can use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol and rub their hands until dry.
- We encourage guests to avoid singing or shouting, especially indoors.
- Please be mindful of coughing and sneezing practices to reduce the spread of germs by using a tissue or the inside of the elbow. Keeping hands clean can help prevent the spread of serious respiratory illnesses like influenza and COVID-19.
- Signage will be placed at entrance of Exhibit Hall and in key traffic points to promote physical distancing and healthy hygiene recommendations.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed in high traffic areas throughout the Exhibit Hall.
- An attendee designated seating area that follows physical distancing protocols will be located in the rear of the Exhibit Hall.
COVID-19 Assumption of Risk, Waiver and Compliance Commitment
All attendees will be required to agree to and abide by the below COVID-19 Assumption of Risk, Waiver, Compliance and Personal Accountability Commitments.
I am aware of the inherent risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus involved in attending the in person 2021 Multidisciplinary Thoracic Cancers Symposium and that COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. To the extent that I attend the in person event, I agree to honor the Personal Accountability Commitment stated below and to follow all instructions contained in the Attendee Policies
, these Health and Safety Protocols and Measures, as well as any posted instructions and signage while attending the ASTRO meeting and events. I voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 when attending ASTRO meetings and events and WAIVE LIABILITY AGAINST ASTRO, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS AND VOLUNTEERS FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGES, OR SUFFERING RELATED TO EXPOSURE TO COVID-19.
Personal Accountability Commitment
I agree to abide by and engage in appropriate health and safety conduct as specified by ASTRO while attending the Event. This includes, but is not limited to, adhering to the Health and Safety Protocols and Measures, posted signs, placards and verbal requests, engaging in physical distancing as appropriate, engaging in hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette, and not attending the 2021 Multidisciplinary Thoracic Cancers Symposium if I am ill or have recently been exposed to COVID-19.