COVID Safety Measures
CEO Laura Thevenot shares the safety measures put in place for ASTRO 2021.
ASTRO is committed to doing everything possible to ensure a safe environment for attendees and exhibitors during the ASTRO Annual Meeting in Chicago.
In order to limit the spread of COVID-19 at the convention center, ASTRO is following all of the recommended CDC safety protocols including:
- All attendees will be required to attest to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except in the case of a valid medical or religious exemption. For these exemptions only, a negative PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours of arrival is required.
- All participants will be required to wear a mask within the convention center unless eating, drinking or presenting.
- All attendees will be prompted to fill out a daily health questionnaire on the MyASTROApp or at www.astro.org/safety.
- Hand sanitizer stations located throughout the convention center.
- Scheduled, routine cleaning that includes frequently touched surfaces with the McCormick Place will take place throughout the day.
- Seating will allow for social distancing with 4 feet between chairs and 5 people maximum at round tables.
- Wider aisles in the Exhibit Hall and more space between booths.
We are asking that anyone who feels ill during the meeting go to the nearest COVID-19 testing site to receive a COVID-19 test. View a list of COVID-19 testing centers.
To find more in-depth details about safety measures and protocols, including the COVID-19 waiver, convention center and hotel cleaning visit the Health and Safety Protocols and Measures page.