Digital XP FAQs
Please review the following FAQs regarding the Digital XP experience for the ASTRO Annual Meeting.
If you register for the full conference, the Digital XP program is included in your registration. If you cannot attend the full conference, you can also purchase the Digital XP program only.
If you have not yet registered for the conference, you can add ticketed events during the registration process. If you have already registered, you can add events by clicking “Modify Registration” on the registration page.
Please note: Not all ticketed events are available for Digital XP attendees. Ticketed events that are available to Digital XP attendees are indicated on the ASTRO website.
All live Digital XP sessions will be available onDemand on the Digital XP platform within 24 hours.
ASTRO Digital XP is almost 30 hours of original content to compliment the Annual Meeting and will include onDemand key sessions, like the Presidential Symposium. The program will run through the Annual Meeting and access will remain until November 30, 2021.
ASTRO Annual Meeting onDemand product is over 200 hours of content from both the in person Annual Meeting and the Digital XP program. CME may be claimed in the first year after the meeting and content will remain accessible for three years.
Getting Started with Digital XP
The Digital XP site will open October 8 and will be available through November 30, 2021.
You will be able to access the Digital XP platform from October 8 through November 30, 2021, at astro.org/AMDigitalXP
. Sessions will be available beginning October 23.
Your login is your ASTRO credentials, the email and password that you registered for the meeting with. If you do not know your ASTRO password, please click “Forgot my password” through the ASTRO website.
From the main navigation, select your name --> Edit my profile. Here, you can add a profile picture, your organization's name, a short bio, set your profile preferences and add other relevant information about yourself.
No, you don't need any additional software. You will only need a computer and a stable internet connection to join virtual meetings or sessions.
- Browser: We strongly recommend using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser
- Internet: Use a strong internet connection to avoid buffering or slow downs
- Clear your browser cache: If you're experiencing technical difficulties, try clearing your browser cache first.
- Close unused browser tabs or windows
- Use headphones or a separate speaker for the best audio quality and experience
Agenda and Sessions
Starting October 8, from the Digital XP main navigation menu, select Learn --> Agenda and then click the plus sign (+) next to any sessions that you want to join. Please note, the Annual Meeting Online Conference Planner is different than the Digital XP site. We recommend using the Digital XP Agenda to build your agenda if you are a Digital XP attendee.
To join a Digital XP Live session, navigate to the specific session's page (Learn --> Agenda/My Schedule --> Click on the session). On the session page, you will be able to join the session 1 minute before the specified start time by clicking "Join Live Meeting". All sessions will be streamed through Zoom.
Yes, you can use mobile devices to access and participate in the event.
Best Practice: Please ensure that your mobile device is connected to a stable internet connection. A connection of 3 Mbps or higher is recommended.
From the Digital XP main navigation menu, select Connect > Attendees/Faculty. Find the person you'd like to connect with and click the three dots symbol (•••) next to their name. Select "Schedule Meeting". Click the drop down next to an individual and select 'Schedule meeting'. From the meeting scheduler page, you will be able to add additional people to your meeting, view each participant's calendar, select a meeting date and time that works for you. You can name the title of the meeting and add a short description before sending the invitation to the participants.
From the Digital XP site, join a conversation or start a discussion around a specific topic by visiting the "Connect" tab in the main navigation menu. Connect --> Public Forums.
- To join a discussion: Click on a topic, and click the "Reply Button" to comment.
- To start a new conversation: Click "New Conversation".
Yes, all Digital XP Live sessions will be recorded and available within 24 hours of the live session and will be accessible on the platform until November 30, 2021.
Technical Tips and Requirements
Troubleshooting Tips: If you are encountering challenges viewing or hearing a session, try taking these steps:
Review the recommended system requirements below for the best experience:
- Please be sure to use either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to access the event site.
- Refresh the session page.
- Close and re-open your browser window.
- Clear your browser cache.
- Desktop or laptop computer (Note: most computers purchased within the past few years will exceed the minimum requirements stated below.)
- Operating System:
- Mac: Mac OSX 10.7 or later
- Windows: Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista (SP1 or later), XP (SP3 or later)
- Ubuntu: 12.04 or later
- Linux: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
- Single Core 1Ghz or higher (Dual core 2Ghz or higher, 4G RAM recommended)
- Web Browser:
- Windows: Chrome 72+, Edge 84+, Firefox 27+, or IE 11+
- Mac: Chrome 30+, Safari 7+Edge 84+, or Firefox 27+
- Linux: Chrome 30+, Firefox 27+
- Internet Connection:
- 1.5 Mbps "up" minimum (3+ Mbps "up" recommended). Note: wireless speeds are lower than your ISP's advertised speeds. You can use speedtest.net to test your speeds on your computer.
- Hardware (recommended but not required)
- The microphone and speakers that comes built-in to most computers is adequate, but a headset with a mic or a stand-alone microphone will create a richer, cleaner sound.